Welcome to Hollinsclough Methodist Chapel Hall
An Ideal Centre for Quiet Days & Church Family "Days Out"
Set in the beautiful Upper Dove Valley within the Staffordshire Moorlands, the tranquil village of Hollinsclough is approximately seven miles from Buxton and eight miles from Leek.
Our modern hall, built in 1992 on the site of a former house, shippon and carpenter's workshop, will provide you with a warm, comfortable environment. It can be used as a base for a day out exploring along the many footpaths which branch out from the village.
It can also be used as a quiet space in which to meet for rest and relaxation. You will be surrounded by the spectacular hills and the usual countryside sounds. Except at harvest-time, the pace is leisurely.
- A modern rectangular meeting room, approximately 25 feet by 14 feet, which will comfortably seat twenty-five people.
- There are seventeen square Go-pack tables.
- Full kitchen facilities include plumbed-in water boilers, domestic cooker, fridge, freezer, cutlery and crockery.
- The separate men's and women's toilets with geysers and hot-air hand driers are half-tiled. The ladies' toilet doubles as a facility for the disabled with bars fixed to the wall.
- There is wheelchair access.
- There is ample space for parking on the grass-gridded verge in front of the hall.
- Self-catering is an option
- We can arrange coffee and biscuits on arrival, soup and rolls for lunch and tea and cakes prior to your departure.
This is across the road from the hall.
It is one of the oldest in this part of Staffordshire, being built in 1801 by a successful local packman named John Lomas. Copies of his diaries, edited by his grandson, are available in the hall for a modest sum.
The Chapel was extensively refurbished at the end of the nineteenth century, when the present woodwork was put in place. This was made in the workshop which stood where the hall now stands. The stained glass windows were installed at the same time.
The Chapel can be used by prior arrangement.
The Hall can either be hired by the hour or for a whole day.
- The cost by the hour is £12 per hour for the first two hours; £8.50 per hour for subsequent hours up to six hours
- The cost for a day (over six hours) is £65
We will be pleased to quote a cost for catering
Friendly contact telephone numbers:01298 83270
Postal Address:Methodist Chapel Hall, Hollinsclough, Buxton SK17 ORH
We hope to see you.
Circuit Church LinksLinks to Churches in the Circuit who have a web presence.
- Buxton Methodist Church
- BYG Church
- Fairfield Methodist Church
- Hollinsclough Village web site
- Hollinsclough Hall